[oi-dev] Providing icinga2 package

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:29:38 UTC 2017

Dear Marianne,
welcome to the mailing list!

You can base your work on the component I prepared for testing the
compilation of 2.7.2:

https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/commit/7fcbef3038180699d344dad4a1970d2c2d0c4263

I wrote some additional notes to build a maintainer's guide (work in
progress), you can also have a look at it:

https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/3.+Common+Tasks

Kind regards

Aurelien

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Till Wegmüller <toasterson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Marianne
>
> To get started grab yourself a copy of
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland
>
> The Best Way is to clone this repo and setup a fork in your own github
> profile. You can then make a remote and push to your profile.
>
> Make a Feature branch for every componetn you want to package. A
> component is the software itself and not all packages built from that
> component. In your case it should be icinga and maybe if another
> dependecy is needed one more component. The reason for that is that we
> want seperate pull-request per component so it is more easily to check
> what has been done.
>
> The readme gives you a good starting point for building components that
> already exist.
>
> A compoent itself consists of a manifest and a makefile which controls
> the build
>
> The makefile is documented at:
> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi-userland+Makefile+targets+and+variables
>
> I think the best component to orient yourself when building icinga will
> be zabbix. Also have a look at the pull requests if any of them help you
> with your work.
>
> If you have further questions don't hesitate to write to the ML or drop
> by in #oi-dev on freenode
>
> Hope this helps
> Greetings
> Till
> On 29.11.2017 13:22, Marianne Spiller wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I successfully compiled icinga2-2.8.0 on OpenIndiana Hipster 2017.10,
> > we're running it on several machines without any problems. So the
> > community asked me to publish it as a package for the official repo -
> > I'm willing to do so, but I'll need some assistance from more
> > experienced users (I tried RTFM like that:
> > https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-userland, but it seems
> > outdated).
> >
> > So any help would be appreciated: I'd like to provide icinga2 as a
> > package, what's best practice?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Marianne

---