[oi-dev] Rust in userland?

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 17:31:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Aurélien Larcher <
aurelien.larcher at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> https://github.com/cgrzemba/oi-userland/tree/rust/components
>>> /developer/rust
>>>

>> I remember now updating my recipe to yours but I needed some
>> configuration tweaks to deal with a few issues:
>> - /usr/bin/cc is default used as linker but it is sunstudio 12.1 so you
>> need to override it,
>> - AR should be specified,
>> - this recipe assumes that GCC runtime libraries are in
>> /usr/lib/$(MACH64) which is not true for us with GCC >= 6,
>> - the linker should be specified for the target as it is not passed from
>> the global settings.
>>
>> Also rustc will eat up to 3GB of RAM so the host should have enough
>> memory.
>>

> Just rebased my change over Carsten's branch:
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/rust123

More work:

helios> rustc hello.rs
error[E0463]: can't find crate for `std`

error: aborting due to previous error

helios> ls /usr/lib/amd64/rustlib/x86_64-sun-solaris/
analysis/ lib/

but rust looks for libraries in /usr/lib/rustlib

Symlinked like a piggy to check it and it is the problem...

Also rustc does not put /usr/lib/amd64 in the search path so executables
are broken.