[oi-dev] How to kill old sfe package meta-data?

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:56:59 UTC 2018

Hi

Oh thanks for noticing. Yes they should be there.

If they are not one would most probably need to reinstall the os.

I made a script that should be able to do that online :)

#!/usr/bin/bash

IMG_NAME="online_reinstall"
IMG_MNT="/mnt"

beadm create ${IMG_NAME}
beadm mount ${IMG_NAME} ${IMG_MNT}

rm -rf ${IMG_MNT}/*

pkg image-create --full -p
openindiana.org=http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/ ${IMG_MNT}

cp -a /var/pkg/pkg5.image ${IMG_MNT}/var/pkg/pkg5.image

pkg -R ${IMG_MNT} install -v $(pkg list -H 'pkg://openindiana.org/*' |
awk '{printf "pkg://openindiana.org/%s ", $1}')

rsync -x -avp /etc/ ${IMG_MNT}/etc

beadm unmount ${IMG_NAME}
beadm activate ${IMG_NAME

If you have something installed under bootenv which is not in it's own
dataset you will need to copy that over too. Or reinstall the svr4
package if there are any.

Greetings
Till