[oi-dev] Silent upgrade failure when using ONU to upgrade OI from illumos-gate nightly build

Prakash Surya prakash.surya at delphix.com
Mon Feb 26 17:48:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm having a problem using ONU to upgrade an OI Hipster system to a nightly
build of the illumos-gate. Basically, after I upgrade via ONU and reboot,
the system is running the new BE, but the new kernel (and other packages)
aren't running (i.e. they're not part of the new BE).

I'm guessing this is a result of how I'm setting the PKGVERS_BRANCH
illumos.sh variable, where I set it like so:

PKGVERS_BRANCH=$(pkg info -r pkg://openindiana.org/SUNWcs | awk '$1 ==
"Branch:" {print $2}')

Is this how I should be setting this variable? How do others upgrade OI to
a nightly build of illumos-gate?

Thanks,
Prakash