[oi-dev] Lenovo N580 Wireless WiFi Card AR5B125

G B g_patrickb at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 16:58:52 UTC 2018

I have a Lenovo N580 laptop with a Wireless WiFi Card AR5B125.  With OI Hipster, I can scan and see my WiFi and even connect to it, but it is a very inconsistent connection.  Usually I can't even ping my gateway.  Even If I move the laptop next to the router it will have a much better connection, but even it fails.
Using the same laptop and FreeBSD the connection never fails.  Not once.
Is there something I can try?  Otherwise, I'll have to reinstall with FreeBSD.