[oi-dev] What to do with #4075?

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:10:26 UTC 2018

Hi

Small fact about these cases in Java.
It is actually quite common for Javabindings to distribute their shared
object files for multiple platforms within the jar. I know OpenGL
bindings do so.

So if you leave them out the jar would just unpack them again and maybe
even fail with permission denied or worse when launching (Depending how
intelligent the libraries unpack routine is.) At it would result in
leftover files after deinstallation.

I favour leaving them in.

Greetings
Toast