[oi-dev] Lenovo N580 Wireless WiFi Card AR5B125

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:10:44 UTC 2018

Hi

Unfortunately Atheros Support on Illumos is rather tiny. We have some
Atheros Cards supported until 84xx but after that you are out of luck.
The only thing one could do to make the Situation better is to port over
the freebsd dirvers. I was told it was not that difficult compared to
linux but might still be quite the chellenge if you have never done it
before. I think the current driver might also be related to the FreeBSD
one. Unless it is still from SUN times.

It might even be that the wrong driver attaches to the card.

What you could also try is http://freenicdrivers.la.coocan.jp/

Which might have some drivers for your card/series.

Greetings
Toast