[oi-dev] Rust 1.28 testing package

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:42:28 UTC 2018

Hi Aurelian

Nice work.

I tested a few Rust programs acros github trending at random to see how
we are with workflow compliance.

cargo seems to work and can be used to install programs.
Tested:
https://github.com/sharkdp/bat simple cat clone: Does not work the
termios library does not know about us.

https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery/rustup.rs/ Seems to be very
unstable... They recomend that a packager pckages it. We maybe should
aswell seing that many rust utilities seem to require their very
specific version of rust...... Including firefox.

https://github.com/uutils/coreutils Does not seem to like that our libc
has no ENOATTR....

All in all i would say the compiler works it was saying that many
packages were compiling without errors. But the work has just begun.
There seems to be very much platform specific code in rust libraries in
the wild.

Keep up the good work
Greetings
Till