[oi-dev] Rust 1.28 testing package

Michal Nowak mnowak at startmail.com
Thu Sep 13 07:18:21 UTC 2018

On 09/12/18 08:42 PM, Till Wegmüller wrote:
> Hi Aurelian
>
> Nice work.
>
> I tested a few Rust programs acros github trending at random to see how
> we are with workflow compliance.
>
> cargo seems to work and can be used to install programs.
> Tested:
> https://github.com/sharkdp/bat simple cat clone: Does not work the
> termios library does not know about us.
>
> https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery/rustup.rs/ Seems to be very
> unstable... They recomend that a packager pckages it. We maybe should
> aswell seing that many rust utilities seem to require their very
> specific version of rust...... Including firefox.
>
> https://github.com/uutils/coreutils Does not seem to like that our libc
> has no ENOATTR....

I guess https://github.com/Stebalien/xattr/issues/18 is what you see?
There's workaround for this in xattr v0.2.2, but I thought is fixed by
following rust's libc patches which define ENOATTR as ENODATA:

* src_vendor_libc_src_unix_solaris_mod.rs.patch
* src_liblibc_src_unix_solaris_mod.rs.patch

But yes along the way there are another platform-specific problems like:

error[E0432]: unresolved import `self::libc::TIOCGWINSZ`
  -->
/export/home/newman/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/termsize-0.1.5/src/nix.rs:4:33

4 | use self::libc::{STDOUT_FILENO, TIOCGWINSZ, c_ushort};
   |                                 ^^^^^^^^^^ no `TIOCGWINSZ` in the root

Michal