[oi-dev] Pecular dependancies in publishing print/cups-filters

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 14 00:46:44 UTC 2019

I'm attempting to publish the print/cups-filters package.  The build
and install were successful, but I get these peculiar errors with the
publish stage:

.../components/print/cups-filters/build/manifest-sparc-cups-filters.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD \
        pkg.debug.depend.fullpath=usr/lib/libjpeg6-ijg/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopdf \
        pkg.debug.depend.type=elf'.
.../components/print/cups-filters/build/manifest-sparc-cups-filters.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD \
        pkg.debug.depend.fullpath=usr/lib/libjpeg6-ijg/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertopdf \
        pkg.debug.depend.type=elf'.
.../components/print/cups-filters/build/manifest-sparc-cups-filters.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD \
        pkg.debug.depend.fullpath=usr/lib/libjpeg6-ijg/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/lib/cups/filter/urftopdf \
        pkg.debug.depend.type=elf'.

The RUNPATH for all three filters is like this:

    /usr/gcc/6/lib:/usr/lib/libjpeg6-ijg/lib

The libgcc_s.so.1 module is, of course, in /usr/gcc/6/lib .  The
runtime linker finds it there.  Only libjpeg.so.62 and friends are in
/usr/lib/libjpeg6-ijg/lib , but the three filters are not using any
jpeg libraries.  That particular element of the path is unused.  The
GCC libraries are certainly not there.

So, what is this error message really telling me?  I can remove the
unused path element with elfedit, if that will help.  Will it?