[oi-dev] OI SPARC ISO and repository available for download

Olaf Bohlen olbohlen at eenfach.de
Mon Nov 11 20:22:16 UTC 2019

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

Hi,

>     https://apt.dilos.org/oi-sparc/OI_2018_Text_SPARC.iso.gz
>     https://apt.dilos.org/oi-sparc/OI_2018_repository.tar.gz

[...]

> The ISO did boot and install on my T2000.  I'd like to know if it
> boots on other SPARC machines, and also if it boots and runs in a
> zone.  I only tested it on real hardware.

A very first quick feedback:

I used a LDOM on a T5220 with 10G RAM and 8 threads, a 100G vdisk
and a vnet.

Installation went fine, booted right away on the first attempt.
It has issues with with mpt_sas on the CD-ROM:

Boot device: disk  File and args:
SunOS Release 5.11 Version illumos-07ba7ce06c 64-bit
Copyright (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
/kernel/drv/sparcv9/mpt_sas: undefined symbol 'sata_split_model'
WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'mpt_sas'
WARNING: mpt_sas: unable to resolve dependency, module 'misc/sata' not found
Hostname: openindiana

And when selecting "whole disk" the install fails being unable to
create the zpool (probably some naming issues with vdisks), but
worked fine on a slice install.

Now it is installed and I'll install the repo software tomorrow
and give zones a spin. So far this looks amazing and I have to
congratulate you for this awesome result!

Regards,

      ~       Olaf Bohlen - olbohlen at eenfach.de
      |~~     Het
     /|  \    Bruine