[oi-dev] Where should SPARC go?

Olaf Bohlen olbohlen at eenfach.de
Tue Nov 19 12:14:26 UTC 2019

Alexander Pyhalov via oi-dev <oi-dev at openindiana.org> writes:

Hi,

> So, I see the following 'ideal' world.
> 1) There's  a set of OI/SPARC build zones, available to OI developers.

I can provide multiple build zones on a seperate LDOM. I need to
know how many zones are needed and how much disk-space they need.

> 4) Preferably,  we have means to build each PR on SPARC with little effort.

I also have a Jenkins instance running on my sparc, and I can also
install Jenkins in the dev zones.

> 1) We need SPARC zone with jenkins, which automatically builds some subset of packages, which are known to be working on SPARC.
> 2) I can create a oi/sparc branch on OI repo for current SPARC work, which will periodically be merged to oi/hipster.
> But without 1) I thinks further talk is useless.
>
> P.S. Now I have less and less free time which I can devote to OI. I
> will not be able to spend a lot of time on OI/SPARC (and would prefer
> to spend it on OI/x64 if there's choice ;) ).

I'm happy to contribute in my spare time, I'd prefer that Gary
takes the role to tell me/us what to do.

Regards,

      ~       Olaf Bohlen - olbohlen at eenfach.de
      |~~     Het
     /|  \    Bruine