[oi-dev] Nginx missing IPv6 Configuration

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:20:36 UTC 2019

Hello fellow developers

Today I have configured IPv6 on my servers. Unfortunately now I cannot
install any more zones or packages because Our nginx reverse proxy at
pkg.openindiana.org is not configured to handle IPv6.

> root at node01:~# curl -6 https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
> curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.
> root at node01:~# curl -6 http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
 <head>
  <title>404 Not Found</title>
 </head>
  <h1>404 Not Found</h1>
> root at node01:~# curl -4 http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
> This resource can be found at <a
href='http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/en/index.shtml'>http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster>/en/index.shtml</a>.root at node01:~#

Could one of the Admins add the required definitions? Otherwise I will
have to remove IPv6 support for the time being.

Or does IPS have a ipv4 only switch like curl has?

Thanks and Greetings
Till