[oi-dev] Nginx missing IPv6 Configuration

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Tue Oct 15 18:41:12 UTC 2019

In regard to: [oi-dev] Nginx missing IPv6 Configuration, Till Wegmüller...:

> Hello fellow developers
>
> Today I have configured IPv6 on my servers. Unfortunately now I cannot
> install any more zones or packages because Our nginx reverse proxy at
> pkg.openindiana.org is not configured to handle IPv6.

I'm confused, Till.  Are you saying your servers are now only IPv6, with
no IPv4?

I've run my hipster workstation dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) for several years,
and the presence of an IPv6 address (actually, several IPv6 addresses) on
my workstation has never caused any issues communicating with
pkg.openindiana.org.

Also, pkg.openindiana.org doesn't currently have an advertised IPv6
address.  Did it have one earlier when you were testing?  Otherwise,
I don't understand how your examples could even be using IPv6.

$ host -t any pkg.openindiana.org
pkg.openindiana.org descriptive text "91.194.74.133-10"
pkg.openindiana.org has address 91.194.74.133
pkg.openindiana.org has SOA record ns1.openindiana.org. support.bitnames.com. 2012060801 5400 5400 2419200 300
pkg.openindiana.org name server ns2.openindiana.org.
pkg.openindiana.org name server ns1.openindiana.org.
pkg.openindiana.org name server ns3.openindiana.org.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)