[oi-dev] Praise for Firefox

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 4 16:48:14 UTC 2020

I recently updated my main system from an OI version circa 2018 to the
current 2020 version.  All I did for Firefox was to increase the
amount of swap space, like this:

    $ zfs get volsize rpool/swap
    NAME        PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
    rpool/swap  volsize   3.97G    local
    $ zfs set volsize=8G rpool/swap

and reboot.  The system has 24 gigs of memory.

I'm very pleased with Firefox.  It's version 60.9.0esr (64-bit).  I
assume that's newer than the 2018 version.  In any case, it's
certainly faster on some web pages than the old version.  Everything
seems to work as I expected.  So far, I have no complaints.