[oi-dev] Praise for Firefox

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Aug 4 18:13:42 UTC 2020

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020, Gary Mills wrote:

> I'm very pleased with Firefox.  It's version 60.9.0esr (64-bit).  I
> assume that's newer than the 2018 version.  In any case, it's
> certainly faster on some web pages than the old version.  Everything
> seems to work as I expected.  So far, I have no complaints.

Firefox itself works pretty good now, but it is still not new enough
to produce results from a web site which is very important to me for
the past couple of years.  This page does not show any results in its
issues list.  A few weeks ago they had an 'old-ui' link which produced
pages which did work but they decided to remove it:

   https://bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/list

Naturally, this web site is originally about bugs in Chrome.  They are
very hostile about older browsers.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn