[oi-dev] Green error message from xscreensaver

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 7 16:23:09 UTC 2020

Today, I upgraded one of my systems from hipster-20200504 (the USB
image) to hipster-20200607 .  I noticed this error message, in green,
at the top of the screensaver screen:

    xscreensaver. ... WARNING: pid ... (.../pyro) sent SIGERM but did not die?

This happened long after the password box had disappeared, but before
the screen had blanked.  It did eventually blank.

I had previously selected pyro as the screensaver application.  I
believe it comes from this package:

    desktop/xscreensaver/hacks at 2020.0.1.0