[oi-dev] pkglint fails during publish

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sat May 9 14:55:01 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 06:48:34AM +0000, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>    Likely by default it passed -Es to the python interpreter, so doesn't
>    load modules from non-standart path.

Ah, I didn't notice that the first line of /usr/bin/pkglint is now:

    #!/usr/bin/python3.5 -Es

The previous one was only:

    #!/usr/bin/python2.7

That's the change that caused the problem.  The first line becomes
only a comment when the file is interpreted by python.  Removing that
option string would solve the problem in a simpler way.  I wonder why
it was ever put there?  I see that it was added to all of the pkg
scripts.  I wonder why?