[oi-dev] No more notification pop-up for printing

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon Nov 16 20:15:06 UTC 2020

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] No more notification pop-up for printing, Gary...:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 10:33:35AM -0600, Gary Mills wrote:
>> I recently updated OI on one of my machines from the 2018-07-01
>> version to the 2020-08-02 version.  After the update, I noticed that
>> the notification pop-up for printing was no longer working.
>>
>> Mate's Notification Settings application does appear.  I have not
>> changed any of the settings.  The Preview button does work and does
>> produce a test pop-up.
>>
>> Printing from firefox, mutt, or lpr works, but with no notification
>> pop-up.
>
> I got no responses to this message.  Am I the odd one out?  Does
> everybody else get pop-ups from CUPS?  Maybe nobody gets them?  I do
> get them from nwam, just not from printing.  What's wrong?

My OI workstation is in my work office, and I've been working from home
for the past few months, so I haven't had an opportunity to observe if the
behavior has changed for me.  I'll try remember to test next time I'm in
my work office.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)