[oi-dev] No more notification pop-up for printing

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Nov 25 02:12:34 UTC 2020

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] No more notification pop-up for printing, Gary...:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 10:33:35AM -0600, Gary Mills wrote:
>> I recently updated OI on one of my machines from the 2018-07-01
>> version to the 2020-08-02 version.  After the update, I noticed that
>> the notification pop-up for printing was no longer working.
>>
>> Mate's Notification Settings application does appear.  I have not
>> changed any of the settings.  The Preview button does work and does
>> produce a test pop-up.
>>
>> Printing from firefox, mutt, or lpr works, but with no notification
>> pop-up.
>
> I got no responses to this message.  Am I the odd one out?  Does
> everybody else get pop-ups from CUPS?  Maybe nobody gets them?  I do
> get them from nwam, just not from printing.  What's wrong?

I was finally in my work office and tested this.  I too do *not* get
a popup notification when printing.  I'm not sure when it changed, but
it does appear that it's not currently working.

Just as for you, printing works fine, it's just the notification that
is now missing.

I personally can live without the notification, but it is annoying to
know that it used to work and now doesn't.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)