[oi-dev] Anybody else running named on OI

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Oct 23 16:12:43 UTC 2020

You could write a manpage which specifically discusses OpenIndiana SMF bind,
such as dns-server (1m) for example, and which if you'd type

 man dns-server

would give you a list of the SMF properties and discuss the SMF for dns-server.

Possibly this manpage could have an example that shows that you have chown the directory to user named,
as in "Establishing Appropriate Authorization for user 'named'".

But the same problem: who'd look in there ??  But such a document (manpage) can be useful.

If you'd contribute such a manpage you could create a GIT pull request and add a file:

    oi-userland/components/network/bind/Solaris/dns-server.1m

and then propose a change in the manifest:

file Solaris/dns-server.1m path=usr/share/man/man1m/dns-server.1m

Regards,
David Stes