[oi-dev] valgrind and epoll(5) illumos issue

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sat Apr 10 16:22:19 UTC 2021

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:

> valgrind seems to work on the squeak VM runtime (which was a surprise to me,
> since the squeak VM runtime is not exactly simple).
>
> It's a nice tool  - and a good/excellent package in the OI repository.

Probably the valgrind I have on my machine is out of date.  It
identifies itself as version 3.15.0 and the timestamp on the
executable is April 20, 2020.  It does not work at all for testing
GraphicsMagick and ends in a core dump.

It would be good to have Clang or GCC ASAN working as well.  One of
the main reasons why I continually turn to a Linux system is a working
valgrind and ASAN/UBSAN.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn