[oi-dev] valgrind and epoll(5) illumos issue

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Apr 10 15:44:47 UTC 2021

----- Op 10 apr 2021 om 15:40 schreef Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us:

> It is nice to hear that valgrind is working at all.  It is necessarily
> for a knowledgeable volunteer to study the interface between the C
> library and the kernel and write the valgrind extension code to handle
> it.  It is unlikely that the primary Valgrind developers care to
> support Illumos directly but they will accept good patches.  People
> interested in Illumos need to do the work and take care of themselves.

valgrind seems to work on the squeak VM runtime (which was a surprise to me,
since the squeak VM runtime is not exactly simple).

It's a nice tool  - and a good/excellent package in the OI repository.

I'll make an attempt to patch it for this epoll_ctl error/warning.

It seems more like a warning since it just relates to some code in libc which seems to work.

David Stes