[oi-dev] Variable PATH in Makefile (tornado)

Nona Hansel nona.h at seznam.cz
Wed Apr 14 12:48:38 UTC 2021

Thank you, PATH=$(PATH.illumos) worked!

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de>
Komu: oi-dev at openindiana.org
Datum: 14. 4. 2021 13:19:36
Předmět: Re: [oi-dev] Variable PATH in Makefile (tornado)
"Am 14.04.21 um 12:40 schrieb Nona Hansel:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problems updating tornado. Currently, the PATH
> variable in Makefile is defined in the older mode like this:
> PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/sbin
> Like this, tornado builds, installs and publishes fine.

The old settings prefer / priorize our own tools over the GNU ones
because /usr/bin comes before /usr/gnu/bin.

When you look in make-rules for the definitions of PATH.gnu and
PATH.illumos then you will see that PATH.illumos
does something similar. It priorizes our tools over the GNU tools, but
nevertheless it also includes the GNU binaries path.
So I would expect that the right thing to do would be to use
PATH=$(PATH.illumos)
here.

Andreas

"