[oi-dev] Moving on with postgresql

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 00:27:01 UTC 2021

The repo server needs the pkg client to report the statistics. They do
not get calculated on the repository. The repo server does not care much
for the client Version as the API, they communicate over has been stable
and is versioned.

One could count the hits to the files from Webserver logs, but we can
only track total installations of a particular manifest (package
description file).

The Package is called postgres not postgresql.
Searching by posgres shows the packages

pkg search -rp postgres
PACKAGE                                             PUBLISHER
pkg:/database/postgres-common at 9.5.24-2020.0.1.0     openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-10 at 10.16-2020.0.1.0  openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-11 at 11.10-2020.0.1.0  openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-12 at 12.5-2020.0.1.0   openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-95 at 9.5.24-2020.0.1.0 openindiana.org
pkg:/service/database/postgres-96 at 9.6.20-2020.0.1.0 openindiana.org

I agree that the statistics will help, but for postgres we are outdated
compared to most other conservative distros even.

-Till