[oi-dev] Porting an exFAT driver

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 14 11:51:13 UTC 2021

On 12/14/21 12:09 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

> On 14/12/2021 11:58, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
>> I have been trying to package for OpenIndiana a driver and utilities
>> developed by Andrew Nayenko and licensed as GPL2 for the exFAT file
>> system promoted by Microsoft as a replacement for FAT.
>>
>> The packaging went fine locally (by gmake publish), but the pull
>> request check fails on :
>>
>> aclocal: error: aclocal: file '/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4' does not
>> exist
>> (see https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/7389)
>>
>> I have no idea of what triggers this, and as this does not occur
>> locally, I cannot make my own tries. I suspect having a difference of
>> versions in my autotools (fully updated). I also suspected the use of
>> the deprecated macro AC_PROG_CC_C99 had something do do with that,
>> but removing it does not bring any change.
>>
>> I am at a loss over what else I could try, so I am giving up until
>> somebody points me at what I am doing wrong.
>
> That missing file is part of the wxwidgets package. Somewhere in
> library/graphics (don't know the most recent/present name).

Yes, apparently, but this exFAT package has nothing to do with
graphics, and the package checker server is supposed to have all
the libraries needed for running the checks.

Anyway I do not see how I could have inadvertently inserted such a
requirement - unless I misinterpret the meaning of the error.

Jean-Pierre