[oi-dev] Some packages did not build anymore in userland

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Dec 23 01:00:44 UTC 2021

On 12/22/21 4:40 PM, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 08:27:49PM -0300, Till Wegmueller wrote:
>>
>> Can we have that Patch?
>
> I don't have a patch for ninja.  I meant that it would be easy to
> develop a patch for ninja.  All you have to do is to search the
> source for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS and write a patch to delete that line.

I think you mean meson (which generates the build files used by ninja),
rather than ninja itself:
https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/1032

> What I actually did for glib was to write a shell wrapper that deleted
> that operand and value from the compiler command-line, and then
> invoked the compiler.  That allowed me to build glib.

It looks like we took a different approach and disabled libelf in 32-bit
builds to get around this - but then we build our whole desktop as 64-bit
now, so I'm not sure if we have any programs left using 32-bit glib:

https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/gnome/glib2/patches/17-large-file-support.patch

	-alan-