[oi-dev] gcc builds - no cc1objplus

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:05:58 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone

After some quick searching, it looks like it's actually not it's own
language, but part of the objective-c language, where only with that
feature it can link against c++ libraries. Curious that we have not
gotten any error from people trying to compile Objective-C because one
would assume that there are some c++ libraries even they link against.
But again it's probably such a small percentage of people using
objective-C that we won't notice any change for very long.

If you are using it in parts of code we can add it, We are support the
whole of GCC anyways so it's no additional burden but we probably don't
have any consumers.

-Till