[oi-dev] Tasks to focus on

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Fri Jan 8 01:17:50 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-07 13:39, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi,
> since I have now more or less recovered from Covid I can be active to some
> extent.
>
> Back in March I was working on:
> - building oi-userland with GCC-10 (everything was built except ~10
> packages).
> - providing Python 3.8 and 3.9.
> - migrating pkg5 to Python 3.7.
> - updating Boost.
> - updating Clang.
> - updating Rust.
> - updating libdrm to 2.4.100.
> - bringing automated rebuild of oi-userland packages and dependencies in
> order.
>
> However priorities should be set as I cannot dedicate too much time...
>
> - What do you think should be prioritized?
> - Is anybody interested in picking up one of the tasks? I can assist and
> provide some guidance.
Congrats on your Covid recovery! I can relate, as I got it bad back in late
December. It's no picnic; that's for sure.

While I'm not attempting to create your priority list. As the maintainer of
some 160 FreeBSD ports, and a happy OI user. I'd like to pitch in, and offer
time, and CPU cycles to help out. I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to start.
Or rather; I'm well familiar with setting up build farms (jails) and
building/fixing rebuilding everything. I'm really just looking for a list
of things to start with.

Feel free to contact me off list if you like.

All the best!

--Chris