[oi-dev] Tasks to focus on

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:55:11 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 5:18 PM Hung Nguyen Gia <gh_origin at zohomail.com>
wrote:

> I hope you are happily to read me, too. You should remember me when we
> encountered on illumos.org/issues page.
>
> If you want to know, my vote is: Building with GCC-10 and Updating Clang.
>
> Compiler tool chain is one of the weakness of OI. If you could get the
> latest stable compiler working and able to building with it, it's a very
> good news.

Hi,
I agree that compilers should be a priority :)

Usually the rule is that we do not migrate until 100% of userland builds
with the new compiler.

Last summer I was missing only a handful of packages (a dozen left) to do
the migration to gcc-10 but then health issues got me out of the game for a
few months.

Hopefully with more help we can have this migration done by the next
snapshot.

Kind regards

Aurélien

--