[oi-dev] Python 3.7 and 3.9
aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:04:22 UTC 2021
just a few notes:
1) Following Apostolos message python-37 was modified to provide IDLE in a
separate package: idle-37. After the next update you may need to reinstall
2) The library libpython3.so which provides a stable ABI was not provided
by python-3X packages, this is now the case for 3.7; the link is mediated.
3) Two fixes (sendfile and sched_get_priority) were backported from 3.8/3.9;
4) Python 3.9.1 was added based on solaris-userland patchset + testsuite
fixes from Andy, thanks go to them.
No we need to:
1) Migrate away from 3.5 to 3.7 as the default Python implementation.
2) Provide required Python 3.9 modules for pkg5 (cherry-py, rapidjson, six,
3) Automate/simplify the update process for Python modules to reduce manual
intervention. As Till pointed out, we need to be smart about it.
Praise the Caffeine embeddings
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the oi-dev