[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Developer Edition

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:14:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

out or curiosity, what exactly is the point and added of your proposed fork? Those packages can be easily installed any time after installing OI.

I am not sure which exact changes were rejected, but if your raise a discussion and explain clearly why they are needed, OI developers are more than happy to accept.

So, instead of forking and creating a “new distribution”, further fragmenting the illumos distribution market, cooperate and help us improve the existing project. There are lot of gaps where improvements are needed and extra manpower is more than welcome. At the end, I can’t tell you want to do, but can try and nicely ask you to collaborate. Please, collaborate with OI team to improve the current experience, more people will benefit from it!

P.S: Keeping python-27 around is quite dangerous as the upstream ended any kind of support of Python 2.x and without proper experience you are just put potential users in danger.

Thanks for understanding,
Adam