[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Developer Edition

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Sat Jan 16 10:00:28 UTC 2021

Someone on this list challenged me of forking OpenIndiana in order for my changes to be accepted. This is exactly what I'm going to do now. But I will do it moderately, according to my skills.

I wanted to build something like in the title.

It's the normal desktop OI plus the following packages:

build-essential
cmake
ninja
meson
yasm
autoconf-213
header-audio
sunpro
motif
python-27

More packages would be included in the future, if needed.

My computer power doesn't allow me to build everything myself, so I think I will just pull the packages from OI repo.

The goal is to have a live ISO/USB images contain these additional packages.

I have come across this wiki:

http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/distribution-constructor/

But it's still not very clear to me. Any help would be appreciated.