[oi-dev] texlive package

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Jan 29 07:51:43 UTC 2021

I don't question the need to use IPS to deliver binaries;

install-tl and TLMGR although they are in some sense a competing package manager,
they are not necessarily a bad thing and 'competitor' to IPS.

The reason why I packaged install-tl is to produce a LaTeX IPS package.

So that I can do a simple : pkg install latex to get the basic binaries that are needed.

The choices that install-tl offers are:

 a [ ] full scheme (everything)
 b [ ] medium scheme (small + more packages and languages)
 c [ ] small scheme (basic + xetex, metapost, a few languages)
 d [ ] basic scheme (plain and latex)
 e [X] minimal scheme (plain only)
 f [ ] ConTeXt scheme
 g [ ] GUST TeX Live scheme
 h [ ] infrastructure-only scheme (no TeX at all)
 i [ ] teTeX scheme (more than medium, but nowhere near full)
 j [ ] custom selection of collections

install-tl could be used to fetch the sources.

Instead of building from a downloaded tarball,
install-tl can use as input a install-tl profile file (for a given choice).

Based on the minimal scheme,   a package "tex" can be created.

Based on a basic profile,  a package "latex" can be created.

Then for other historical distributions such as "tetex" the same thing.

David Stes