[oi-dev] I've given up on gnome-doc-utils

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 5 21:20:19 UTC 2021

In an attempt to eliminate dependancies on python-27, I came
eventually to the gnome-doc-utils package.  Reluctantly, I had to give
up my attempt.  The product was last updated in 2012 and has no
python-3 support.  Most of the work is conversion of the python code
from 2 to 3, using the python bindings for libxml2.  Somebody who
knows more about python than I do may be able to accomplish this.  The
alternative is to abandon the package and perhaps any packages that
require this one.  I'm moving on to other packages.