[oi-dev] Error after pkg install

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Jul 13 18:20:43 UTC 2021

I installed some software (pkg install squeak) today and had no problems;

E_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6) reason: Could not resolve host: pkg.openindiana.org

I've seen this error quite a few times when there is DNS resolving problem, for example when /etc/nsswitch.conf has an issue.

Perhaps due to a number of retries your package install was succesful after all.

According to the manpage (I haven't tried it)

PKG_CLIENT_MAX_TIMEOUT

has default value 4 and        PKG_CLIENT_MAX_CONSECUTIVE_ERROR has default 4 as well.

I'm not sure which of those 2 (or some other?) environment variables is the 4 in

David Stes