[oi-dev] DDU HCL submission - Dell Precision 3640 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100 CPU

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Jun 24 18:14:50 UTC 2021

Last update on

https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Servers+and+Workstations

says: last modified by Michal Nowak on May 13, 2018

That's from 2018, there is a need to update the Hardware Compatibility Guide !!

The HCL seems to have moved to http://docs.openindiana.org/community-hcl/systems/

OpenIndiana 2020.04 and 2021.04 seems to install and work on the Dell Precision 3640 workstation.

See screenshot oi-dell-precision-3640 in attach.

The text install 2020.04 worked fine (UEFI boot since this is a EFI system),
and installation went fine on a SATA boot disk from physical CD-ROM.

I didn't try a SSD boot disk.

Audio seems to work fine as well
(onboard audio Comet Lake PCH cAWS or Nvidia, not sure 2 cards are listed in DDU)

Video (MATE lightdm as well) on NVidia as well - but not on the onboard Intel UHD 630.

The intel onboard UHD 630 card works in vgatext for booting multi-user or console.

On the Nvidia card, openindiana MATE runs fine in X11 with the nvidia driver and config/settings tool.

I ran diagnostics/ddu and it finds a few unknown devices for which it installed one package

     Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Termal Controller

ddu installed a driver for the above

Should I worry about the remaining 4 unknown devices ?

    Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Serial IO I2C Controller #0
    Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Serial IO I2C Controller #1
    Intel Corporation Comet Lake HECI Controller
    Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH SPI Controller

I'm unable to submit an entry for this system.

When I click Submit I get : " OpenIndiana HCL server is not active. "

Also the DDU is not recognizing the i3-10100 CPU.  It just prints CPU : 1X
instead of something like 1X Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100 CPU

However psrinfo and prtdiag seem ok and the system seems to run fine.

Is the feedback address hcl-feedback at openindiana.org still active ?

Possibly this system could be added to the OpenIndiana HCL as a new submission,
or I'll try to see whether I can add it to the docs ...

Regards,
David Stes