[oi-dev] OI no longer automounts USB sticks

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 27 13:27:47 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 11:50:31AM +0200, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:

> I like the 2021.04 release of OI, this is a great piece of work,
> and this release works well on my PC (thanks for the work on it).

I like it too, especially the new Firefox.  So far, I've only found
one anomaly with it, and I have a workaround.  It does work with web
pages where previous versions would not.

> Regarding the USB automount, I can personally live with the
> workaround of manual mount.  Automount would be nice so if it gets
> fixed all the better.

I use it periodically to transfer files from my main Unix system to
another system that runs Windows 10.  I know there are alternatives to
USB sticks, but they are convenient.  USB automount is useful to me.

In both cases, it has taken me some time to notice problems with OI.
Automated testing would not help much, because you have to know what
a problem is, before you can design a test for it.