[oi-dev] OI no longer automounts USB sticks

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 28 19:52:49 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 06:53:33PM +0200, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:

> It's good that you reported the issue and of course USB automount
> is useful.
>
> Andreas Wacknitz also confirmed this, and is trying to help as much
> as possible.

I didn't know this.  In fact, I generally don't know when somebody
else is working on something.  We should be collaborating, rather
than duplicating effort.

I'm assuming the problem is in glib.  I have several snapshots of the
OI source, including the current one of course.  I don't know yet if
a patch disappeared.  I don't know yet if the glib developers have
dropped support for solaris or illumos.  Going through the layers,
I've gotten as far as:

    status = channel->funcs->io_read (channel, channel->read_buf->str + cur_len,
    	     			      channel->buf_size, &read_size, err);

I'm assuming that OS-specific versions of "io_read" exist in glib,
but I haven't found them yet.