[oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have impacts on REQUIRED_PACKAGES

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sat Mar 27 08:41:12 UTC 2021

Hi all,

illumos-gate has recently merged the following changes
     2755 split ksh93 from core package
     13460 ksh93 tests should be moved out of usr/demo
     518 ksh documentation should be moved out of SUNWcsr

This has impacts on our REQUIRED_PACKAGES settings for many packages.
Most, if not all occurrences of
     REQUIRED_PACKAGES += SUNWcs
need to be replaced by
     REQUIRED_PACKAGES += shell/ksh93

This will automatically be done when you run "gmake REQUIRED_PACKAGES"
in an environment that has the changes from illumos-gate.
At the moment our build server has been frozen on an older
osnet-incorporation version:
FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11-2020.0.1.20416:20210320T012008Z

As soon as this will be updated publishing packages on our build server
need the aforementioned changes for the REQUIRED_PACKAGES.

I am not sure how to handle this as I there are some PR's that will take
a little longer to finish.
Does anybody have an idea or opinion about this?

Regards,
Andreas