[oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have impacts on REQUIRED_PACKAGES

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 27 15:13:50 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 09:41:12AM +0100, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> illumos-gate has recently merged the following changes
>     2755 split ksh93 from core package
>     13460 ksh93 tests should be moved out of usr/demo
>     518 ksh documentation should be moved out of SUNWcsr
>
> This has impacts on our REQUIRED_PACKAGES settings for many packages.
> Most, if not all occurrences of
>     REQUIRED_PACKAGES += SUNWcs
> need to be replaced by
>     REQUIRED_PACKAGES += shell/ksh93

Is that really true?  I would have thought that all products would
require SUNWcs, but only ones that included ksh scripts would require
shell/ksh93 .  The problem is that you can't tell which to change from
the REQUIRED_PACKAGES make variable.  Is there not a default for that
variable?  Maybe adding both packages would be a quick fix, although
it's incorrect in many cases.  Is there a way to determine which
products actually require the shell/ksh93 package?