[oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have impacts on REQUIRED_PACKAGES

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Sat Mar 27 18:49:37 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have...:

> Am 27.03.21 um 10:00 schrieb Stephan.Althaus at duedinghausen.eu:
>> Hello!
>> what about a script that recurses the tree and does sinlge small PRs
>> per package magically?
>> it is not that simple no?
> Probably as I don't know if all occurrences of SUNWcs should/can be
> replaced by shell/ksh93.

I wouldn't think that *any* SUNWcs should be replaced by shell/ksh93
in the REQUIRED_PACKAGES.  SUNWcs (core system) contains so many
directories and important binaries that many packages probably require
it too.  Anything that's a script that requires one of the ksh variants
is also almost certainly going to require other commands from core system,
so they're probably going to appear together in REQUIRED_PACKAGES in many
cases.

Until you got me looking at ksh, I had no idea that OI's ksh had 113
hard links...

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)