[oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have impacts on REQUIRED_PACKAGES

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Mar 27 18:48:43 UTC 2021

The reason why I wrote "top priority" is because in my understanding osnet-incorporation
basically is kernel, network stack, filesystems, and device drivers, and
basic userland libraries and applications such as Bourne / Korn shell.

So more than any programming language or application or user level library, I would think the above needs updating.

However I do not have experience with the implications and overall OpenIndiana release engineering.

So I must add that if an update would somehow break OpenIndiana features such as the MATE desktop,
the OpenIndiana desktop, then osnet-incorporation cannot be updated,
and then in that case OpenIndiana is stuck with the 'frozen' osnet-incorporation.

David Stes