[oi-dev] upstreaming our libtool search_path patch

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Nov 24 22:26:32 UTC 2021

All-

After years of being without one, libtool has a maintainer again.
The first step he or she is taking is to go through the backlog of patches
from the various Linux and BSD distros, to apply any that are generally
useful.

We're currently carrying two patches against libtool, while Oracle's
solaris-userland has just one:

 	https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/libtool/patches/000-64-bit-sys_dlsearch_path.patch

Theirs appears to be just an alternate approach to solving the same
problem as our first patch.

Any objection to pointing the maintainer at the solaris-userland patch
and letting them know that that patch is beneficial for both commercial
Solaris and for OpenIndiana?  I would like to get one of the patches
into upstream, and it seems easiest to vote for the solaris-userland one
as acceptable to both OSes.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)