[oi-dev] upstreaming our libtool search_path patch

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Nov 24 23:23:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, 24 Nov 2021, Tim Mooney via oi-dev wrote:

> Any objection to pointing the maintainer at the solaris-userland patch
> and letting them know that that patch is beneficial for both commercial
> Solaris and for OpenIndiana?  I would like to get one of the patches
> into upstream, and it seems easiest to vote for the solaris-userland one
> as acceptable to both OSes.

A possible complexity is that contributions to libtool which are more
than a few lines (non-trivial) need to have signed
copyright-assignment paperwork with the FSF.  This is because the FSF
is the copyright holder for libtool.

Due to this, it may be necessary to find the original author and get
them to go through the paperwork process (if they have not), or have
someone (who already has done the paperwork) write a similar patch.

If the original author is "Oracle" then Oracle can assure that the
paperwork is in place and submit the patch.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt