[oi-dev] gstreamer1 and OpenGL/EGL

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Oct 27 22:22:02 UTC 2021

On 10/27/21 2:50 PM, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 02:44:25PM -0500, Tim Mooney via oi-dev wrote:
>>
>> I'm working my way through updating the gstreamer1 components to the
>> latest version (1.16.2 -> 1.18.5).  They've switched from autoconf to
>> meson, so the biggest hurdle has been converting the Makefile to use
>> the new configuration options.
>
> Meson is somewhat broken, except when Unix=Linux.  It also does not
> work well for 32 and 64-bit builds.  One solution is to omit the
> 32-bit build.  If it's really needed, you must find another solution.

Meson has been working pretty well for us for building GNOME & X.Org
packages on Solaris 11.4, though admittedly we are phasing out 32-bit
builds and do carry an extra patch we've never upstreamed to help with
things:

https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/python/meson/patches/013-environment.patch

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc