[oi-dev] oi-vagrantfiles

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Wed Sep 22 15:33:11 UTC 2021

Adam,

The Vagrantfile that you wrote, looks like an excellent idea to me,
it works fine for me, and this is really useful.

I used your Vagrantfile as an example for an oi-docs/Vagrantfile.

When I use my oi-docs Vagrantfile to create a VM for oi-docs,
vagrant installs OpenIndiana, then pkg install python mkdocs and ruby mdl,
and also the links and lynx web browsers.

So in the guest, in one window I can "vagrant ssh" into the VM, and run "mkdocs serve",
while in a different window I can "vagrant ssh" into the VM and "lynx or links http://127.0.0.1:8000" seems to work.

Currently I host this at sourceforge.net although my personal interest is in Smalltalk,
and I intend to continue to use sourceforge.net for Smalltalk, although that it is true,
that in this case (oi-docs Vagrantfile) this is more something OpenIndiana related of course.

It's no problem for me to delete my sourceforge.net oi-vagrantfiles repository, if a github.com exists or is created.

David Stes