[oi-dev] oi-vagrantfiles

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Sep 23 18:52:44 UTC 2021

I wrote :

> I'm not sure why the port_forwarding does not work.

I found out that port_forwarding in the Vagrantfile does work fine.

The solution is very simple and documented in the note at
http://docs.openindiana.org/contrib/getting-started/#prerequisites

you have to run mkdocs serve --dev-addr=0.0.0.0:8000
or mkdocs serve -a 0.0.0.0:8000

in the Vagrant guest VM in order to connect to it by firefox or another webbrowser from the host.

by default it only listens on 127.0.0.1:8000

The vagrantfile is a nice way to deploy a VM for oi-docs contributions,
best of all, this kind of OpenIndiana VM can be deployed on Linux;
or some other host.

David Stes