[oi-dev] Broken Links and outdated pages on OpenIndiana website

James Madgwick james at madgwick.xyz
Sun Apr 10 19:26:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

I've been looking at making some updates to the installation section of
the handbook. While looking at this I noticed some pages of the main
www.openindiana.org website were out of date. Specifically:

The 'Wiki' item in the 'Documentation' drop down option of the navbar -
this should be removed as the Wiki no longer exists.

On www.openindiana.org/download/: The links 'How to Upgrade
OpenIndiana' & 'How to Upgrade from OpenSolaris' are broken and the
second of these is probably no longer relevant. Also I suspect the
mention of SPARC is also no longer relevant. The link to 'OpenIndiana
Community HCL' points to the old Wiki, this page now exists in the docs,
the same for 'alternate download sites'.

On www.openindiana.org/packages/: 'see Wiki' - broken link

On www.openindiana.org/documentation/faq/: Link to the OSDISC.COM site
which no longer exists.

On www.openindiana.org/community/getting-involved/: Links for 'get
involved' and 'IRC channel' are broken

On dlc.openindiana.org: This page has links for 2021.04, the latest
2021.10 files on this server are linked from the main site.

On: www.openindiana.org/documentation/release-notes/: It seems these
notes are now stored elsewhere, or should they also be on this page?

I think it's just the core OI owners who have access to the source for
this website. I don't believe the source code is on GitHub, otherwise
I'd have created a PR there.

James Madgwick