[oi-dev] runpath check in OI pkglint userland check

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Mon Feb 7 07:39:25 UTC 2022

the main idea of pkglint userland runpath check is to prevent shipping bins in package whith runpaths like
/export/home/user/myprivate/builddir/lib

wrong architecture like 32bit path for 64bit bin or standard paths which knows the ldd already.

Our pkglint userland checker complains about runpaths which are correct. So we should update this tool.

e.g.

ERROR userland.action001.3 bad RUNPATH, 'opt/SUNWsamfs/bin/archive' includes '/opt/SUNWsamfs/lib'

ERROR userland.action001.3 bad RUNPATH, 'opt/SUNWsamfs/bin/notify' includes '/opt/SUNWsamfs/lib'

ERROR userland.action001.3 bad RUNPATH, 'opt/SUNWsamfs/bin/request' includes '/opt/SUNWsamfs/lib'

these false positives we can get rid off by the version used by solaris-userland.
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/7710

But look deeper there is some more work to do.

This version will not accept runpaths like /usr/gcc/.. and /usr/mariadb/..., which are correct.
 We can allow this paths per default. The most complete solution would be to allow this paths, if there resolved dependencies for the related bins

Any thoughts?
--
Carsten